Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Maison et Objet here we come!

If you ever want to die and go to Heaven in the design world - Maison et  Objet in Paris is it. This is where design, furniture, couture and creativity collide! The international market place of furniture design, fabric design and accessories are all  in one place... 2 times a year.  Here are some images of the upcoming fabric introductions for Maison et Objet 2012.



I simply adore this palette! Be looking for lots of new paints colors and finish colors from the show to start coming into the US by Fall 2012. Everything from wall coverings, fabrics, wall paints, furniture finishes etc. Look at the multiple of uses of multiple sizes of  stripes and one strong pattern. The impact is fantastic.

Today is January 4, 2012 it is also  my 20th wedding anniversary. I am blessed to be married to my best friend and partner in business and in life. Gene is taking me to Paris and Brussels for our anniversary. I promise to take lots of photos from the flea markets and we will take you through the process of how we interpret some of the worlds most beautiful antiques into new furniture designs.


6 comments:

  1. First that market sounds exciting and a lot of fun I can’t wait to see what you come home with for your designs.

    Congratulations to you Amy and Gene on reaching your 20th! Your anniversary gift sounds very exciting lucky you. We’ll be celebrating our 23rd in September and I wouldn’t trade the husband for anything. I wish you many, many more years together.

    Hugs!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearty congratulations on your twentieth wedding anniversary! And what a gift- two cities that define the word beautiful.

    It has been a few years since we last went to Maison et Objet. It was a show totally unto itself. I would love to return, so we'll be looking forward to your observations. Be sure to check out the booth of artist Pascal Amblard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful trip. It is a dream of mine to someday get to Paris and Brussels. Can't wait to see all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh You are living my dream. Paris flea markets and bringing back a container filled with french beauties is Number 1 on my bucket list:) Happy Anniversary and I plan to come back home to Memphis to take a workshop! Cant wait!:)I hope you have some Feb and march workshops while I am in Memphis.Anne Smith (Gypsyfleur Vintage on FB)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Amy,
    I invite you to visit Boca do Lobo at Maison & Objet, with Nelly Rodi as 2012 design trend for Heritage sideboard http://www.bocadolobo.com/le/heritage_sideboard.html
    and also at Boca do Lobo stand.
    Also, I wish you a great stay in Paris with a lot of inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 20 years of happiness. I'm so happy for you. You and your husband are a beautiful couple.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete