Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Before and After: Jody Hammett from Apres

Our third place winner for the Before and After Contest is Jody Hammett from Apres in Louisiana. He actually owns 3 locations that carry the Amy Howard At Home line.

The project that he submitted was this fabulous screen that he so cleverly used the Citron Lacquer to finish the frame and then Antique Mirror Kit to antique the mirror that he attached to the screen framework.
Before:
After:

Amy: What made you decide on the color and techniques that you used? 
Jody: When I found the screen, I immediately wanted to lacquer it and replace the fabric panels with mercury mirror. I  thought it had the potential to become a more contemporary piece, so  I chose that combination to make the greatest change.

Amy: What were your thoughts when you deciding how to restore your piece?
Jody: I thought from the beginning that it would be a cool piece.  I kept wondering if I chose the right color.  I couldn't decide if I should go with a neutral color that would appeal to more buyers or something eye catching  that would take the right buyer. Ultimately, I decided to go with a bright color, and I thought citron would be best.

Amy: What do you like the most about your finished piece?
Jody: I like the mirrored panels.  They really made it become a different piece.

Amy: Did you sell your piece or keep it for yourself? ​
Jody: My intention was to sell the piece.  However, my wife really liked  it so it found a home at our house.  

Amy: What is your favorite product to work with and why? 
Jody: I enjoy working with all of them because they are easy to use.  Its hard to narrow it down to one because different projects require different techniques. However, I do tend to use the lacquer, antique mirror kit, and gold leaf the most.





Après inside The Shops at 2011 Magazine
2011 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
(504) 407-0499
jody@experienceapres.com

Après inside Pink Pelican Art
7809 Jefferson Hwy, Suite B-2
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
(225) 330-3902
jody@experienceapres.com

Après inside The Foyer
3655 Perkins Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225) 343-3655
jody@experienceapres.com

No comments:

Post a Comment