Thursday, June 12, 2014

Featured Retailer: Cureture

I am so excited to share with you our featured retailer this week, Cureture, located in Homewood, Alabama. The store is owned by Victoria Chambers Owens who came and trained at the Amy Howard At Home Studio just this past year.
I spoke to Victoria and she gladly shared the story behind her retail store. 

"My store is called Cureture which stands for Couture for a Cure. My mother had Multiple Sclerosis and passed away the year before we opened. She was and is my daily inspiration. She had a love for all things Interior Design just like I do and she was such a great example of perseverance and faith to all those around her. Therefore, we donate a percentage of our profits to a different charity every month. I have refinished furniture for several years and first got started doing it at a consignment store that I was managing about 4 years ago. It is my passion and I love nothing more than transforming old furniture into something beautiful again. When I met Amy I fell in love with her, her products, and her philosophies about life and decorating. 

We are in the bustling shopping district of Homewood, AL (which is where I was born and raised) which is a suburb of Birmingham. The street is the heartbeat of Homewood and people travel from near and far to come and support all of the quaint boutiques and family owned businesses. Cureture started out in 2012 as a gifts, home decor, and furnishings boutique and has since become predominately an Amy Howard paint store. The paint took off so quickly for us and we loved it so much that it just made since. We also do contract work to refinish furniture for people and sell refinished furniture and home decor in our store as well as interior design consultations. Many people ask me how old I am because I look so young and indeed I am. I am currently 23 and I majored in interior design at Brigham Young University. I have always been the kind of person that wanted to be my own boss and carve my own path in this world. The store definitely keeps me busy as well as my other interior design work and flip houses that I do with my father. 

We are so proud to be a part of the Amy Howard family and I have felt so much love and support from the whole Amy Howard team. I hope and pray that I can continue to make y'all proud." 

Great Bamboo Dresser that was rescued using the Belize Lacquer
Before and After: The Bamboo Cabinet

Before and After: Secretary
 On the secretary, they used the Toscana Powder paint in Strasbourg White.

Before and AfterL Fabulous Restored Mirrors that were Antiqued
On the mirrors Victoria said they used various colors of One Step and the antiquing mirror process

Beautiful Display Cabinet in Cureture
One of their Workshop Tables
Workshops in Progress



Cureture
Victoria Chambers Owens
2900 18th Street South, Suite 105
Homewood, AL 35209
(205)802-5776
www.cureture.com
Store Hours:
Monday through Saturday 10am until 5pm

No comments:

Post a Comment