Thursday, August 21, 2014

Featured Retailer: Compleat Lifestyles

Our Featured Retailer this week is Compleat Lifestyles located in Colorado. Their new store, Compleat Lifestyles | Home Accents, opened in September 2013 in the same shopping center as the older store. The new location is where their Amy Howard Studio is located and where they hold regular Amy Howard at Home ® Rescue Restore Redecorate ® Workshops.
This is inside their new retail location.
This is a photo of their 30 year young store: Compleat Lifestyles | Gourmet & Gifts
Here is just part of their display of Amy Howard at Home ® products.
Their Amy Howard Studio is 800 square feet and is part of the Home Accents store.
This was their first class in April 2014.

Amy: What made you decide to start your own business?
Connie: In my previous life, I was a CPA in healthcare, but when I traveled to Rwanda in 2009, I became passionate about finding markets and the wealth of beautiful handicrafts hidden within.  I started taking these finds to trade shows. At the Denver Gift Market, I met the owners of Compleat Gourmet & Gifts and they began carrying my Rwandan products. I had shopped there for many years, so when the owners decided to retire in 2011, I couldn’t bear to to see another small business liquidate and fail, so I bought it! The store just celebrated 30 years in April!

A: What is your company motto?
C: I don’t have an official motto, but our ethos is steeped in spreading and sharing love and joy.

A: What do you love about having a store?
C: I love being able to promote products that have a give-back element and that are made in the USA. My mission is to educate the consumer about the power of their purchasing decisions and how these simple decisions have a greater impact on the lives of others. I carry a large assortment of Fair Trade products, and I source Colorado & USA made products whenever possible.

A: What is your favorite AHAH product? color?
C: Charm School Red is my favorite color and I love the simplicity of the One Step Paint.
Before:
After:

A: What sets you apart from other stores in your area?
C: We have a very eclectic product selection. The store started out as a specialty kitchen & gourmet food store, but now we also carry dinnerware, home decor, gifts, Colorado pottery, women’s accessories like Brighton & Vera Bradley, Fair Trade products, and a large selection of USA made products, including my personal favorite Amy Howard!

A: I cannot live without my
C: My Amazing Team! Many of my staff have been with the store for more than 15 years, and some more than 20 years, so they know far more than I do about a lot of things!

A: What is your favorite season?
C: Fall is my favorite season because the weather in Colorado is generally perfect in September and October and the aspen leaves turn the mountains into a gorgeous golden color.

A: What is your aesthetic in 3 words?
C: Inviting, cozy, and homey.

Compleat Lifestyles
7592 S University Blvd
Centennial, CO 80122
(303) 290-9222
info@compleatgourmet.com
Store Hours:
Monday - Friday 10am until 8pm
Saturday 10am until 6pm

No comments:

Post a Comment