Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Decorations

I love using wreaths all over the house. I especially love hanging them on mirrors. A simple vintage ribbon and no bow... keeps things simple and elegant.
When you come in our home I have two large concrete urns that I usually have palms and some ivy in during the year. When the holidays roll around we exchange the palms for two Christmas trees. I enjoy not having the trees on the ground. Having them up high and in these urns give them such a regal look. Also, flanking the front door makes the house look so festive from outside. Living in Memphis, it rains a lot and walking in with lots of muddy wet feet. There is not a day that I regret spending the money on our  campania stone floors. They are so easy to keep clean and they look great under rugs of all kinds.

5 comments:

  1. Amy your Christmas decorating is so elegant, love your two trees. We've now raided our forest for a few more table topper trees for our antique urns and I'm loving them.

    I owe you a few pictures of my lamps, sorry I just got busy trying to finish up Christmas work but thankfully I'm done until after the first so I'll send pictures tomorrow.

    Enjoy your evening!
    Hugs!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your trees are stunning. I hope you can answer this question, every year I buy wreaths to put on mirrors but can not figure out how to hang them. How do you attach them behind the mirror on the wall or on the mirror directly??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful trees - so elegant. I love your idea of hanging wreaths over mirrors. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, No big surprise that I love your "Christmas". The trees are fabulous and you have the perfect spot for them. Blessings on you and Gene in the new year!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Christmas trees are beautiful.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete