Thursday, December 1, 2011

Entertaining with Estate Sales Finds

 I love going to Estate sales to find my china, linens and stemware. I love having monograms on everything! No one will ever look close enough to see if they aren't your initials. I also love mixing china. You can have a different plate with each course or mix them all at the same place setting.  The charger under the plates are actually hand gilded in gold leaf and can be a great DIY project.

The sterling flatware is a Versailles pattern. It just so happened to have my initials! I was able to purchase 12 place settings and all the serving pieces! I love using them everyday!
Always mix old crusty urns with elegant flowers on your table. Remember, it's all about mixing textures again. I use a sharpie calligraphy pen to give everyone their own place card. When your guest see that you pay close attention to detail, they feel more special and more loved. That is why small intimate dinner parties are the most memorable during the Holidays. Your  building long lasting friendships and sharing life together. That can never take place in a noisy restaurant.

3 comments:

  1. What a find to unearth your initials on the antique silver ware...
    Enjoy......

    xo
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful settings! Your china looks wonderful with that Hanover stemware. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those yellow plates. They are super pretty. I want one.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete