Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Ornaments are not just for the tree

I am always looking for ways to have the most impact for the least amount of money. I use tree ornaments all over our house. I fill bowls up with them, tie them on the mantles garland, hang them from chandeliers.   Since my library has black walls, I chose the color from the fabric on my bergere for the ornaments.  Here on the  chandelier I hung ornaments with large vintage looking fabric ribbon.
I think it is important to make sure that your ribbon and your ornaments are the same color. Also, I would be careful to use the same color ornament. The ribbon needs to be a nice thick fabric ribbon, vintage is even better. Satin would be fine, I just prefer older more matte fabrics.... since the ornaments are so shiny. You can use different shapes of the same color. I also did this treatment to the chandelier in my master bathroom with silver and pewter ornaments. I must confess, that I left them up in the bathroom...  all last year.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. It's nice to see a unique way to put Christmas ornaments on something other then a Christmas tree.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete